As a parent member of Cradle to Crayon, a parent automatically becomes a member of the Parents’ Alliance.
Our school recognises parents as the first and most important educators of their children, thereby making staff members co-workers with parents in providing care and education for them. Ways in which you, as a parent, can take part in making the school a welcoming and stimulating place for the children and other parents are:
- Exchanging knowledge about your child’s needs, interests and progress with the staff
- Supporting your child’s learning at home
- Helping at sessions of the school
- Sharing your own special interests with the children
- Communicating observations and expectations to the school
- Attending school functions and events
- Joining in community activities in which the school takes part
- Building a friendship with other parents
The school has a dated rota which parents can sign if you would like to help at a particular session within the school day. Helping at sessions enable you to see what the day-to-day life of the school is like and join in helping the children to get the best out of their activities.